Program Area: Organization
Reports to: Executive Director
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for all fundraising and development efforts for the organization, including grant writing, special event coordination, donor relations, and marketing and public relations. Candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in development and have demonstrated success in attaining major gifts. This position works closely with and reports to the Executive Director, and manages a Development Associate and VISTA volunteer position(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage all components of donor relations, including donor identification, correspondence, and acknowledgement. Use Neon to maintain accurate donor records.
2. Communicate regularly with existing donors, solicit major gifts, engage in outreach to new donors.
3. Research new funding opportunities, maintain relationships with current grantors and write grant applications. Responsible for all grant reporting and tracking.
4. Plan and implement all special events, both fundraisers and “friend-raisers,” ensuring quality promotion and execution. Oversee special event coordinator for annual dinner.
5. Serve as a staff liaison to the board of directors’ Development Committee. With that committee, create & implement annual development plan. Prepare development reports for board meetings and attend Board and Development Committee meetings.
6. Ensure that budgeted development goals are met annually, including individual and corporate donations, special event revenue, and grant revenue.
7. Work collaboratively with other staff and board members and other community partners to assure clear, consistent messaging and branding for the organization.
8. Create & implement public relations plan including press releases, newsletters, annual report, website content, e-communications and social networking tools.
9. Create all written and electronic information pieces for the organization, including flyers, brochures, newsletters and invitations. 10. Write and create distribution lists for a semi-annual appeal letter. Write appeal letters and track all results. Maintain other mailing lists (postal and electronic) for distinct groups and general mailings. 11. Make media contacts and work with various media outlets to seek coverage of organization’s programs and achievement. 12. Work in coordination with the Center’s Community Outreach Coordinator to represent the agency at community and educational presentations. Serve as an agency representative for the United Way. 13. Supervise Development Associate and AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers.
14. Acknowledge all in-kind gifts.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required, with a minimum of 3-5 years prior development experience and 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
2. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Must have high level of computer use skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Facebook and Neon (or comparable database) preferred.
4. Must demonstrate experience and ability to successfully research and write grants.
5. Must have strong critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
6. Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
7. Must have a high comfort level working with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
8. Must have a professional, approachable manner.
9. Must be willing to learn new skills and have flexibility to adapt to change.
1. Ability to drive, valid driver’s license, and current insurance required.
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
3. Ability to tolerate long periods of sitting.
4. Ability to demonstrate the physical stamina to do some walking, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and bending.
5. Ability to lift, push or pull objects weighing 25 pounds.
6. Ability to demonstrate good finger/hand dexterity for typing, sorting, filing, etc.
7. Ability to work under stress.
8. Must pass background check and drug testing.
To apply, send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.